The Galaxy Cauldron
Hello! We are a large forum! So here are some things to keep in mind when visiting!

❤️ Not all forums are visible to guests!

❤️ We offer a Dark and Light theme! You can Change it at the very bottom of the forums, on the left hand side

❤️ You can minimize sections that you don't visit/want to see by using the +/- signs location on Category titles.

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 881
Join date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 12:23 am

Have you ever gotten somebody to watch Sailor Moon who hasn't ever seen it before?  I have managed to get two people to watch it.  They're both members of my family and it's my sister and my mother.  My sister is like a really big fan of live action Asian drama shows and she watched the live action version.  She knew I had the original anime and she actually asked me first to lend her my DVDs, so I lent her my copies of the Japanese version and she enjoyed it at the time.  She didn't become like this super huge Moonie like I did but she liked it enough to watch it the whole way through but she hasn't been interested in watching any of Crystal or the musicals or anything like that.   Most recently I have turned my mother into a Moonie too.  We had already been watching some anime before.  The first anime she watched was The Secret World of Arrietty which was the first anime movie I had ever seen in theaters which I watched for my birthday when it came out in theaters in the U.S.  It was an amazing experience and we both loved it a lot and Arrietty is still like my mother's favorite anime movie. 

I had tried to get her to watch a few other anime series and movies but she didn't really get hooked on them other than the other Ghibli movies I showed her which she loved too.  But I finally got her to watch Sailor Moon and I actually got her to watch the subbed version.  I was a bit nervous because I know a lot of newbies to anime can sometimes be turned off from having to watch anime with subtitles and a lot of newbies prefer dubbed anime.  But my mother actually enjoyed a lot and she's become a pretty big fan of it.  We just recently finished watching all of the first season of the original anime which we started watching back last summer.  We're now on the Doom Tree arc of the R season.  She's also been watching Crystal with me and she's enjoyed it a lot though I think she likes the original anime better.  I did try to get her to watch the live action show and she saw the first few episodes.  She liked it well enough but I think she enjoys watching it with animation better.  I can say my mother is a definite Moonie convert now because I tried showing her the Viz dub when I got the DVD boxset and while she enjoyed that too, she said she actually liked watching it in Japanese better and she thought it was almost weird watching it in English after being so used to the Japanese voices. 

Since starting on Sailor Moon, my mother has also watched Madoka Magica and we started on Magic Knight Rayearth which she loved a lot of what she's seen of it.  I think she seems to enjoy the magical girl anime and shoujo stuff the most of what I've shown her, so I'm going to try to eventually get her into Cardcaptor Sakura too because I think my mother will love that as well.   My mother's favorite characters are so far Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask, and Luna.  She loves how Usagi and Mamoru are always saving each other and their romance together and she loves Usagi's friendship with Luna.  I still haven't shown her the DiC dub yet to show her how awful it was but I did explain to her how much they edited the old dub when it was on TV.  I think I might at least show her the Day of Destiny episode just because that was probably the worst one DiC handled just to give her an idea of how bad it could get.  I also still need to lend her my copies of the manga to read sometime and maybe I'll show her the new musicals sometime.  So have you tried to get someone into Sailor Moon and what was your experiences like?   Did they have a positive response or did they reject the show and how big did they get into it if they did?  Or were you introduced to Sailor Moon by somebody else and how did that introduction happen?
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)
Posts : 3156
Join date : 2014-09-12
Age : 17
Location : Labyrinth of Oktavia von Seckendorff


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 12:57 am

i managed to get my friend to watch it. She now loves it and we talk about the Crystal episodes

My other friend isn't that keen but i think she's starting to warm up to the series because she seems to like Pluto.I'm just worried i've spoiled a vast majority of it for both of them

___________________________

 
                           Signatures made by Artemis,mangaka-chan,Radicaledward124,Marianne, Lust,,Plex-ly and other GC Members
                                                                             Formerly SailorKittyElyon


Last edited by SailorKittyElyon on 24th January 2015, 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid
Posts : 3199
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 19
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 2:54 am

I talked with some people about it but mostly I got rejections Neutral
I don't know if it's only me but my phone is full with Sailor Moon - screen lock, background, WhatsApp background, music, almost everything. And when my friends looked on my phone they all said first: What is that? When I told them it was a character of Sailor Moon they got repellent. Because Sailor Moon "is just a show for kids" and the characters "only transform into glitter fairies" and so on.

I told them that they have no idea what's happening in the show and that they shouldn't jump to that conclusion if they never really saw it. But they're very stubborn and didn't change their mind. In their opinion Sailor Moon is just a show for children where they transform into glitter fairies. But now - plot twist: They all watch One Piece or Dragonball. And then I said "If Sailor Moon is a show for kids, then One Piece and Dragonball are too". They couldn't laugh about it, they felt offended. And in this moment I just thought: "I don't know why the hell you are offended, you said exactly the same to me and expect me to accept that without saying anything against that."
I love my friends but this was one of the moments where I got really mad (of course I didn't show that outwardly).

The only one always supporting me is my best friend. She doesn't say anything against it. Sometimes we even talk about the animes we're watching. I didn't got her into Sailor Moon but whenever I talk about it she listens to me and talks with me about it. I really appreciate that.

___________________________


stop worrying about what other people think ~ batgirl's bts buddy
♡ avatar and signature by graphic queens tsuki-love and sailor venus ♡
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Maritime
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : mar·i·time ˈmerəˌtīm/ (adjective) : connected with the sea
Posts : 378
Join date : 2015-01-02
Age : 31
Location : Georgia, United States


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 6:46 am

I didn't necessarily try to get someone to watch it, but I was Snap Chatting with my husband's cousin (who sent me a picture of what she was doing at the time, I can't remember exactly what it was), so I took a picture of my laptop where I was watching the Viz dub.

Her response, "Sailor moon is gaaay!"


Real mature, right? 

___________________________

 
Signature by Marianne   Formerly known as Evangeline
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid
Posts : 3199
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 19
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 6:52 am

@Maritime wrote:
I didn't necessarily try to get someone to watch it, but I was Snap Chatting with my husband's cousin (who sent me a picture of what she was doing at the time, I can't remember exactly what it was), so I took a picture of my laptop where I was watching the Viz dub.

Her response, "Sailor moon is gaaay!"


Real mature, right? 

Same happened here last time :bunnynarroweye
But the response I got was "Are you serious? Sailor Moon sucks."

___________________________


stop worrying about what other people think ~ batgirl's bts buddy
♡ avatar and signature by graphic queens tsuki-love and sailor venus ♡
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Lyricalias
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 95
Join date : 2014-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 7:13 am

I've recommended Sailor Moon to some of my cousins. They all liked it, for the most part.


Last edited by Lyricalias on 30th August 2018, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer
Posts : 3494
Join date : 2013-04-14
Age : 27
Location : Nao Takagi's House? yea yea I know I wish


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 7:41 am

I've managed to get my brother to watch the original 90's anime and he loved it. The only problem i have with this is he's a firm believer the series stops with Supers since he refuses to watch anything that's not an English dub. He's also a firm believer that Zoisite is female (so basically everything I dislike about the dub he's a firm believer of and loves only exception is the whole cousins thing with Harumichi) I've run into the problem of getting him to watch it subbed and actually go in and finish off the series by watching stars. What I find funny about his despising having to read subtitles is he's watching Crystal and Kuroshitsuji book of circus subbed. he has also been bugging me to barrow my mangas (only problem with this is he is not allowed to touch my mangas became I want them in at least decent condition and he tears my books when he reads them from turning pages) but other than that my friends don't watch it if only for the fact that I hang out with mostly guys who refuse to watch it because "it's only for girls" and are surprised I watch it myself because I'm "one of the guys" so yea Friends refuse to watch it and my brothers been ruined by the original dub.

I do think I am breaking through his refusal to watch it subbed if for nothing more than the fact that I have managed to talk him into sitting down with me sometime and watching sera myu.

___________________________



 Avatar and Sig by Princess Moon. Bumpers by Small Lady Thanks ^^ 
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 881
Join date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 5:02 pm

@Princess Moon wrote:
I talked with some people about it but mostly I got rejections Neutral
I don't know if it's only me but my phone is full with Sailor Moon - screen lock, background, WhatsApp background, music, almost everything. And when my friends looked on my phone they all said first: What is that? When I told them it was a character of Sailor Moon they got repellent. Because Sailor Moon "is just a show for kids" and the characters "only transform into glitter fairies" and so on.

I don't understand why liking something for kids is a bad thing.  Some of the best animation out there is for kids, like Avatar and The Legend of Korra and Pixar and Disney movies.  Ghibli films are also for kids but most people wouldn't dismiss them simply for being aimed at children.   Do your friends normally watch other kinds of animation?  I think my mother got easily into Sailor Moon because she likes animation in general and doesn't care if it's for kids.  Your friends sound like they're confusing Sailor Moon with Winx Club. 

Quote :
I've managed to get my brother to watch the original 90's anime and he loved it. The only problem i have with this is he's a firm believer the series stops with Supers since he refuses to watch anything that's not an English dub.
Have you tried showing him the new uncut Viz dub which is going to eventually include Sailor Stars?
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer
Posts : 3494
Join date : 2013-04-14
Age : 27
Location : Nao Takagi's House? yea yea I know I wish


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 5:58 pm

hmmmm didn't think about that talked to him about it and I might be able to sit him down and watch it.

___________________________



 Avatar and Sig by Princess Moon. Bumpers by Small Lady Thanks ^^ 
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 28
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 7:53 pm

Princess Moon,

Let me guess your friends don't think Naruto is for kids?   To be fair a lot of anime we do watch are attended for kids. Seeing how they are made to sell toys. Okay maybe not all the anime we watch. But I good chuck of it. But the thing is these shows are still appealing to older people. I think the writers keep that in mind and aim at everyone...

It's shame they won't give it a chance because of that...

I got my friend to watch the anime. Well I think she did it more on her own. She liked it enough to keep on watching. Sadly she stopped when she got to SuperS. She gave Crystal a chance and stopped watching it like around episode three. I feel like Sailor Moon is hard show to introduce someone to. There's so many versions. The musicals can be scary because there are so many. The anime is 200 episodes. The manga is a hit or miss with some people. PGSM's effects make the show look bad. And don't get me started on Crystal.

___________________________

   formally Yamichan16   
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Posts : 928
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 29
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 7:59 pm

@Goddess Yami wrote:
To be fair a lot of anime we do watch are attended for kids.


sorry but NOPE.  if you say this you watch the wrong kind of shows.

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 28
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 8:04 pm

*sighs*

Quote :
Okay maybe not all the anime we watch. But I good chuck of it.

I corrected myself. My point is that there are anime out there aimed at kids, but older people watch it. It all comes down to the writing.

___________________________

   formally Yamichan16   
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia
Posts : 859
Join date : 2014-07-27
Age : 27
Location : The Engine of the SMC S1/S2 Hate Train


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 8:05 pm

Everyone who I've described the Stars arc of the manga too has said that they never would expect such content out of Sailor Moon. Most think it's brainless.

I would recommend the manga most out of anything. It's short and has some of the best moments of the entire series. I think there are things the original anime does better but overall the manga is the best short package.

___________________________



Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 28
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 8:06 pm

The same can be said for PGSM once people get passed the effects.

___________________________

   formally Yamichan16   
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Posts : 928
Join date : 2012-04-07
Age : 29
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 8:12 pm

@sailor CJ 12 volumes is not short it's a pretty average length ^.^

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia
Posts : 859
Join date : 2014-07-27
Age : 27
Location : The Engine of the SMC S1/S2 Hate Train


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   24th January 2015, 9:14 pm

@Crystal wrote:
@sailor CJ 12 volumes is not short it's a pretty average length ^.^
Compared to the original anime, it's incredible short. Same with most popular manga, actually. In comparison, it's short.

___________________________



Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid
Posts : 3199
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 19
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 12:57 am

@Goddess Yami wrote:
Princess Moon,

Let me guess your friends don't think Naruto is for kids? 

Yeah, you're absolutely right xD

@Neon Genesis wrote:
I don't understand why liking something for kids is a bad thing.  Some of the best animation out there is for kids, like Avatar and The Legend of Korra and Pixar and Disney movies.  Ghibli films are also for kids but most people wouldn't dismiss them simply for being aimed at children.   Do your friends normally watch other kinds of animation?  I think my mother got easily into Sailor Moon because she likes animation in general and doesn't care if it's for kids.  Your friends sound like they're confusing Sailor Moon with Winx Club. 

@Goddess Yami wrote:
To be fair a lot of anime we do watch are attended for kids. Seeing how they are made to sell toys. Okay maybe not all the anime we watch. But I good chuck of it. But the thing is these shows are still appealing to older people. I think the writers keep that in mind and aim at everyone...

Yeah, I know that Sailor Moon is a show for kids. But they said "Sailor Moon is JUST a show for kids". Guess I didn't expressed myself well enough xD Maybe "only" is the better word (I'm sorry for my bad English, hahah xD) So, along the lines of: Aren't you too old for this trash?

But the thing which just made me mad was the part where they said their animes aren't a show for kids. The debate ended with "Dude. Sailor Moon just sucks." I didn't talk with them the rest of the day xD

Anyway, now they are mostly resigned to my love for Sailor Moon. They don't say anything against it anymore. A few of them even know that I'm on a Sailor Moon forum and guess what? They said: "How cute." Guess we're on the road to recovery xD

Oh and to your question, Neon Genesis: Yes, they do. But funnily enough only Sailor Moon is a show said to be for kids according to their opinions Razz

___________________________


stop worrying about what other people think ~ batgirl's bts buddy
♡ avatar and signature by graphic queens tsuki-love and sailor venus ♡
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 881
Join date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 2:05 am

Princess Moon, I think there seems to be this general attitude among certain circles of anime fandom that Sailor Moon and all magical girl anime in general are for little babies or something and that you're being immature for still watching these types of anime and to be a true anime fan, you have to be in the super hardcore violent dark stuff.  I love those types of shows too but I think people just see the frilly outfits and all the bright colors of magical girl shows and can't believe a show like this could have any sort of emotional depth or maturity to it.
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid
Posts : 3199
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 19
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 2:36 am

Yeah, I know. That's quite disappointing

___________________________


stop worrying about what other people think ~ batgirl's bts buddy
♡ avatar and signature by graphic queens tsuki-love and sailor venus ♡
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 28
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 8:05 am

No I got what you are saying! What I meant was that good portion of animes that are made for kids, but with an older audience in mind. Then there are animes made for kids only like Precure.

___________________________

   formally Yamichan16   
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid
Posts : 3199
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 19
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 8:19 am

Ahhhh, now I got it xD
Anyway in their opinion Sailor Moon is an anime for kids only. Their main statement of the debate was that I'm backward in development and immature because I'm still watching kids shows.

But now I don't care anymore. I found people who share my love for Sailor Moon here on GC and that's everything that matters Razz (Great conclusion, huh?)

___________________________


stop worrying about what other people think ~ batgirl's bts buddy
♡ avatar and signature by graphic queens tsuki-love and sailor venus ♡
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami
Posts : 9845
Join date : 2011-07-10
Age : 28
Location : La La Land


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 8:31 am

Indeed! I still like to watch kids shows...Last night I was watching Hey Arnold. 

___________________________

   formally Yamichan16   
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid
Posts : 3199
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 19
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 8:34 am

When I'm watching TV I'm mostly watching kids shows Nickelodeon (and another German TV program with kids shows)

___________________________


stop worrying about what other people think ~ batgirl's bts buddy
♡ avatar and signature by graphic queens tsuki-love and sailor venus ♡
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

avatar

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™
Posts : 9475
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 31
Location : Canada


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 9:30 am

I think SM matured quite a bit along the way too. Especially in the manga (the infamous kitchen scene happened as early as R), and then PGSM, as cheesy as it is, I think I would have enjoyed it more as an adult than a kid because there's a lot of relationship nuances that needs a deeper look. The anime also has some more mature materials to deal with. Even the first season finale cannot be seen as just for kids. That's some tough stuff to watch.

___________________________

  
        
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid
Posts : 3199
Join date : 2014-12-14
Age : 19
Location : Germany


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 9:33 am

^ Totally agreed!

___________________________


stop worrying about what other people think ~ batgirl's bts buddy
♡ avatar and signature by graphic queens tsuki-love and sailor venus ♡
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Senior Member
Small Lady Emeritus

avatar

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom
Posts : 22622
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 31
Location : Lafayette, LA


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 10:54 am

I don't know anyone to introduce to SM anymore (i don't have many friends lol and the ones i do either already like SM or at least are into anime and might watch it).


I remember way back when, when SM was still airing on Toonami, I introduced a couple of kids I was babysitting (one was like a 7 or 8 yr boy and the other his 12 yr old sister) and they totally fell in love, especially the little boy. He drew me a little picture of Mars which I think i saved somewhere. It was cute. <3 I couldn't get them to watch it with subtitles but we watched the heck out of hte VHSes I had (which were the movies lol).

Neon Genesis, its cool that you can get your family into it. My mom never understood why i liked anime so much so I could never get her to watch anything like that. I think MAYBE i could get my dad to watch something like Cowboy Bebop or something because he sometimes watches shows I like but never a little girls anime. lol.

My sister, well we used to watch it together, but i don't think shed be interested in it anymore.

___________________________


Back to top Go down
http://seaofserenity.net http://britchan.tumblr.com/ http://brit-chan.deviantart.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 881
Join date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 7:09 pm

It's the opposite for me Small Lady.  My mother is still a fan of animation even as an adult but I don't think I could get my dad to watch any anime because he only likes "realistic" fiction like court and police drama type shows or sitcoms.  If he watches any cartoons at all, it's only those American comedy cartoon movies.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

avatar

Lotus Crystal

Posts : 383
Join date : 2014-04-05
Location : Moon Kingdom Duhh


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   25th January 2015, 7:18 pm

I tried to get my aunt to watch it but she clamped her hands over her eyes once I mentioned "Space princesses with powers"

Then with my friend, she only watched the first 10 eps of the english dub before she got bored of it.

Then for my other friend, I got her to read the manga instead. Though she wouldn't read it too often during the chapters where theres not much happening. 

And my dad just said it was for little girls...

___________________________

Bumbers made by Neo Queen Serenity, Avi and Siggy by Sailor Mercury
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

avatar

Star Seed

Posts : 881
Join date : 2012-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   26th January 2015, 10:30 am

Even if people don't like Sailor Moon or have any interest in seeing it, I don't know why people have to be so rude in their reaction to it.  And from an aunt, really?  I should think an adult would be a little more mature about it.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

avatar

Pyramidal Crystal

Posts : 607
Join date : 2014-10-25
Age : 28
Location : Pennsylvania, USA


PostSubject: Re: Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon   26th January 2015, 4:15 pm

@NaoUranus wrote:
I've managed to get my brother to watch the original 90's anime and he loved it. The only problem i have with this is he's a firm believer the series stops with Supers since he refuses to watch anything that's not an English dub. He's also a firm believer that Zoisite is female (so basically everything I dislike about the dub he's a firm believer of and loves only exception is the whole cousins thing with Harumichi) I've run into the problem of getting him to watch it subbed and actually go in and finish off the series by watching stars. What I find funny about his despising having to read subtitles is he's watching Crystal and Kuroshitsuji book of circus subbed. he has also been bugging me to barrow my mangas (only problem with this is he is not allowed to touch my mangas became I want them in at least decent condition and he tears my books when he reads them from turning pages) but other than that my friends don't watch it if only for the fact that I hang out with mostly guys who refuse to watch it because "it's only for girls" and are surprised I watch it myself because I'm "one of the guys" so yea Friends refuse to watch it and my brothers been ruined by the original dub.

I do think I am breaking through his refusal to watch it subbed if for nothing more than the fact that I have managed to talk him into sitting down with me sometime and watching sera myu.
Direct him to the Miss-Dream.org translation if he's okay with reading manga on a eReader. Then it's free and shall preserve your physical copies!

@Princess Moon wrote:
Ahhhh, now I got it xD
Anyway in their opinion Sailor Moon is an anime for kids only. Their main statement of the debate was that I'm backward in development and immature because I'm still watching kids shows.

But now I don't care anymore. I found people who share my love for Sailor Moon here on GC and that's everything that matters Razz (Great conclusion, huh?)
Hoffentlich wenn deine Freunden ein bisschen reifer sind, denken sie wieder über Sailor Moon.

@Goddess Yami wrote:
Indeed! I still like to watch kids shows...Last night I was watching Hey Arnold. 
I wish this forum had a "Like" button!
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
 

Introducing Someone To Sailor Moon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: General Sailor Moon Discussion-